Smart Power Systems (eACCESS)” Project
- Professional training program development in modern power engineering
- Development and validation of teaching platform
- Development of new teaching facilities
- Development of new teaching methods in power engineering
- Increase of environmental and social awareness
- Ensuring and promoting future long-term sustainability of the implemented solutions
-Teaching and learning platform
What is eACCESS ?
eACCESS (“EU-Asia Collaboration for aCcessible Education in Smart Power Systems) is the project which comes at a time when many south-east Asian countries are undergoing rapid industrial revolution and industrialisation processes. This results in increasing demand for energy, particularly electricity. Sourcing a cheap, safe and reliable electricity supply is central to further economic development.
Higher education institutions are expected to produce technical staff, engineers, experts and tutors which will able to design, maintain and further develop advanced technical solutions, as well as to train other staff resources like technicians and managers, who will be up to the job and ready to effectively and efficiently adopted and use modern power technologies.
Currently, the subjects which are central to help build modern power engineers are not available from the project’s partner universities, and the content of current classes and the delivery mechanism does not meet students’ expectations and challenges related to the transformation of the power sector. The consortium of seven European and Asian partners has won total project funding of almost €1 million under the competitive Erasmus+ Key Action 2 call.